Why Purchase A Ready-Made Ring?
Purchasing a ready-made ring is often faster and simpler. See this ring here.
Now that we’ve looked at custom designing your ring, let’s take a look at ready-made rings. Store-bought rings have their benefits too. Buying a ring out of a catalog is usually much faster and simpler. These rings are already created and all you need to do is pick the one you want out of a large catalog.
Plus, as long as you’ve visited a reputable vendor, you’re sure to get a rich choice of high-quality rings. In addition to this, most vendors will still give you plenty of ways to customize the jewellery piece - from picking the stone and the setting to adding engravings and more.
Pros of Ready-Made Rings:
- It saves you a lot of time. All you need to do is pick a ring you like from a jeweller’s catalog. If applicable, you may have to choose the diamond or gemstone, and the metal type. That’s about it.
- You can still customise. Even though ready-made rings are mass-produced, jewellers will often give you a lot of customisation options – such as, what gemstone you want, what setting, type of metal, engravings, and so on.
- Buying a ready-made ring is simple. Or, at least, simpler than designing your own ring. Shopping for jewellery is a complicated endeavor in a lot of ways, so for some couples, it often feels unnecessary to complicate it even further by designing the entire ring yourself.
Cons of Ready-Made Rings:
- Ready-made rings are not unique. Granted, the point of an engagement or wedding ring isn’t only to be unique, but to symbolize your love and commitment. But for many couples, having a ring that’s different and personalized makes it more symbolic and meaningful.
- It still requires some know-how. When buying a ready-made ring, you’ll still need to know the basics to ensure that you’re purchasing the right ring for your budget and lifestyle.
- Finding the right ready-made ring can also take time. Because there’s a lot more options, it can take time sifting through catalogs to find the right ring for you. However, on the plus side, you may be able to return a ready-made ring, whereas a custom-made ring typically can’t be returned.
Choosing the Right Ring
Regardless of whether you decide to design your own ring or buy ready-made, there are some basic factors to consider. These include the center stone, ring designs, and type of metal.
Type of Center Stones
Fashion changes quickly but when it comes to rings, the jewelry and gemstone trends usually last for a long while. This is great, as it ensures that the ring you buy today will almost certainly be trendy in a year, a decade, or even longer than that.
The most popular cuts for natural diamonds and gemstones are the following:
- Round cut for its classic look and unrivaled brilliance.
- Princess cut for its contemporary and stylish look.
- Cushion cut for its soft and gentle style.
- Oval cut for a Victorian feel and great brilliance.
- Emerald cut for its large surface area and solid feel.
- Pear cut for its unique and romantic look.
- Marquise cut for its feminine style.
As for the types of gemstones themselves, natural diamonds are still the most popular gemstone for rings, especially when it comes to engagement rings. Other options that are rising in popularity include sapphires, tanzanite , perodot , emerald and rubies.
Best Engagement Ring Designs
While the round cut is the most popular type of diamond used in ring jewellery by far, when it comes to the designs of the rings themselves, the competition is much fiercer. Some of the most popular designs include:
- Solitaire Ring – These are clean, classic, and put the diamond or gemstone front and center.
- Three-stone Rings – These offer a more stylish and captivating look while still focusing the attention on the center stone.
- Vintage Rings – This is a varying category with an emphasis on a more classical look.
- Halo Rings – A unique setting that makes your ring as brilliant as possible and turns even smaller stones into stunning beauties.
- Multi-stone Rings – These are truly extravagant designs that basically hide all the metal of the ring with diamonds or gemstones.
Type of Metal
Platinum and 9K and 18K yellow, rose and white gold are the most popular options when it comes to ring metals. Platinum is more valuable and durable, but gold offers more options and is a classic choice.